Thursday, December 30, 2010

Janome DC2010

So I found a modern sewing machine I actually LOVE! It's called the Janome DC2010. I went to OK Sewing in Omaha the other day as I wanted an opinion on the various Janome's I had been looking at online and was really intersted in getting a basic overview of any modern sewing machine.

When I was six years old my grandmother, Edna, taught me how to sew on a Singer 301a. It's the primary sewing machine I've used for twenty years. It's a solid machine, well built and I really wanted one. It's the only sewing machine I've had my eyes on for years now.



My mother-in-law, Sue, owned her own quilt shop for years and has been a professional seamstress for most of her professional life. Having been brought up around fancy machines, sewing, embroidery, and sergers my husband, Jason, had his own opinions on what kind of machine I should have. He didn't want to spend our money on the Singer 301a. Until recently I didn't understand why. He just kept telling me that I should get a newer machine and simply learn to use it, then I would come to love something other than my beloved Singer 301a. Jason spoke with his mother about this topic and her favorite brand of machines are Janome's so I began my research.With her extensive experience there had to be a reason?

When I came into the store I informed the clerk of my beloved Singer 301a that did not meet the approval of my husband or mother-in-law. I also let her know that I was interested in finding a very basic Janome if I was to get a sewing machine other than the Singer which I so loved. This woman was well informed about not only the Janome's in stock but also the Singer 301a located in a display with all the other antique sewing machines, most made of black cast-iron. The direct comparison of the Singer 301a with the newer, much fancier Janome DC2010 was the selling point for me. She knew the features of what I had been using for so many years, how the machine operated and the differences between that machine and the Janome DC2010. I was not only impressed with the newer machine but understood how I could benefit from this over the Singer 301a.



The Janome DC2010 has fifty stitches, some similar to embroidery stitches and also had both serger and applique stitching functions. The needle threaded itself. The bobbin was incredibly easy to place in the machine! The button hole function is a piece of cake! This machine will spoil me. I absolutely adore it! The few things I may have questions about when I'm able to purchase it can all be answered in a one on one class purposed to teach me how to use my new sewing machine. Now we only need to save up the four hundred dollars for my purchase and be done with it! I'm so happy I could burst. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...